Salmon Croquettes remind me of home, childhood and my mama.
I’ve tried to duplicate my mom’s croquettes, but admittedly they weren’t like hers. I think, finally, this version is pretty close. Tasty!
Heres what you’ll need.
- 14.5 oz canned salmon (including liquid)
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon corn meal
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 green onion (white snd green) cut in small pieces
- 3 tablespoons real mayonnaise
- Vegetable oil
In a mixing bowl use a fork to break up the salmon into tiny pieces. Mix In all other ingredient’s except oil with salmon. Mix well.
In a cast iron skillet heat oil on medium high heat. Spoon salmon mix one large serving spoon at a time into oil. Use the back of the spoon to spread and form patties. Cook until browned on bottom. Carefully turn each patty over to brown opposite side.
Remove to a paper towel.
- Dont cook on a too high heat. Browning slowly will make a nicer croquette that is tender but crispy on edges.