I’m back from a month long vacation. Other than one breakfast for friends, I haven’t cooked until today.
Back to reality – Today I put this dish together for Taste Tester Tom and my lunch.
It’s simple and quick but looks and tastes like a restaurant quality dish.
- 1 pouch ten minute rice
- 1 jalapeño cleaned and diced (make sure to remove all seeds and membrane)
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup frozen broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup real butter
- 1/2, teaspoon Tomato, basil, garlic seasoning mix
- Fresh grated sea salt to taste
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
Prepare rice according to package directions. Set aside.
In a deep sauté pan melt butter and add vegetables and sauté until tender. Stir in prepared rice and seasonings. Add broth and simmer to heat through.
- 20 frozen cooked shrimp washed and thawed
- Olive oil
- Coarse black pepper
- Smokey paprika
- Lemon juice
Place shrimp in a large mixing bowl and add oil and seasonings. Stir to coat.
Pre-heat airfryer to 390 degrees. Place shrimp in basket and process for 8-10 minutes.
Place shrimp on top of rice and serve with lemon juice.
- If you don’t have an airfryer you can do the shrimp on a cookie sheet in the oven.