Sometimes the best soups come from leftovers.
For this one I used left over rotisserie chicken and veggies from the fridge.
Here’s what I used.
- Chicken cut in small pieces
- 2 left over roast potatoes cut in small pieces
- 1 parsnip cubed
- 10 baby carrots cut into tiny pieces
- 1/2 white onion diced
- 1 celery stock diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced
- Water to cover
- 1 box chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon smokey paprika
- Fresh ground sea salt and coarse black pepper to taste
- 2 cups bow tie pasta
Put all ingredients except pasta in a large kettle and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender.
In a separate kettle prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain and add to the soup.
- Use it whatever veggies you like. Don’t be afraid to experiment with flavors.
- Use any pasta you like.