“The Log” is a long-standing Craigo Clan holiday buffet item. It’s a wonderful concoction of flavors best spread on a cracker.
Here’s what you’ll need.
- 1 8 oz brick of softened cream cheese divided into thirds
- 1 tablespoon real mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped white onion
- 10 black olives finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 package thin sliced deli ham
Place meat in a food processor and process with bottom blade attachment to finely chop meat. Transfer the meat to waxed paper and set aside.
Leaving any left over meat pieces in processor, add remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
Spread the chopped meat across the surface of the waxed paper. Spoon the cheese mixture across the paper side to side. Using the paper to guide, Roll the cheese mixture in the meat to create a meat covered log. Finish by rolling the meat covered roll tightly in the paper. Twist the ends shut to seal and refrigerate for several hours.
To serve, remove the paper while gently transferring log to a serving plate. Serve with crackers.
- We prefer serving the spread with original Triskets or Wheat Thins.
- This recipe is easily doubled to make more than one log.