No need to give up winter time comfort-food while eating low carb. Banza pasta made from chickpeas taste great. In fact, Taste Tester Tom said he thinks it’s better than traditional pasta.
Heres what you’ll need .
- 1 large can water packed Albacore tuna, drained
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chopped multicolor mini-peppers
- 2 green onions chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups dry Banza brand cavatappi pasta
- Shredded cheddar cheese to taste
- Fresh ground sea salt, coarse ground black pepper and smokey paprika to taste
In a large sauté pan melt butter and sauté vegetables until tender. Set aside.
Prepare a 5 quart casserole dish with nonstick spray. In the casserole dish whisk together soup, broth and cream. Add vegetables and tuba and mix well with a fork to flake tuna.
Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and fold into tuna mixture. season to taste with fresh ground sea salt, coarse ground black pepper and smokey paprika.
Top with desired amount of shredded cheddar cheese. Cover and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Remove cover and continue to bake for an additional 5-7 minutes.
- I found the Banza pasta at Walmart. It is also on Amazon.