- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 sweet onion, minced
- 4 cups frozen petite corn
- 2 cups frozen baby lima beans
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground sage
- 1 ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
On a recent visit to Georgia, I tasted for the first time Succotash. I found it delicious so I paid attention to the ingredients.
I gave it a try and served it at a Fall dinner party this weekend. It was a hit! Our guests loved it and kept saying; “Who knew I liked succotash.”
It was pretty simple to make. Here’s what you do.
In a large skillet heat two tablespoons of olive oil. Add onions and sauté until translucent. Add vegetables and seasoning and cook on medium heat for 6-10 minutes.
Finish with butter. Add more salt to taste.
I made this ahead of time and then microwaved to heat before serving. delicious!