This is not your typical tuna sandwich .The extra ingredients give it a burst of flavors that compliment one another.
Here’s What You’ll Need
- 1 large can Albacore tuna (packed in water) drained
- 4 tablespoons real mayonnaise
- 1 green onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 10 pimento stuffed green olives, sliced
- Shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- extra mayonnaise from bread.
In large mixing bowl mix drained tuna, mayonnaise, onions and relish. Set aside.
Lightly spread each slice of bread with mayonnaise. Divide tuna into four portion and spread each portion on one slice of bread. Liberally top tuna with cheese and top with sliced olives.
Place open face sandwiches in a toaster oven or under a broiler and toast until cheese browns a little. Add top slice of bread to sandwiches and continue to toast until golden brown.
Serve hot. Makes 4 servings.
- You can use any kind of olive on the sandwich.
- If you don’t Like sweet relish, dill relish works as well.
Add more mayonnaise if you think it’s too dry. Be careful not to add too much and make the filling runny.
- Adding a chopped hard boiled egg makes a great sandwich as well.