Once you make a basic Crepe, you can fill it with almost any combination of goodness. They can be served as a main dish or a dessert. The possibilities are endless and delicious.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- olive oil to coat pan
Whisk together flour and eggs. Gradually add milk and water. Add salt and melted butter and mix well.
Heat crepe pan on medium high. Pour 1/2 cup batter around edges of pan and then tilt pan to coat it evenly with the batter. Cook about 2 minutes and the gently turn Crêpe over to finish cooking. Add filling and fold Crêpe in half or quarters. Slide onto a serving plate.
- For the Savory Crêpe I added crisp fried Smokey thick cut bacon pieces to sautéed chopped fresh or frozen spinach, red and orange mini bell peppers, green onion and thin sliced Baby Bella mushrooms. I sprinkled grated provolone cheese on the warm Crêpe, top with bacon and vegetables and folded over.
Serve warm with a dollop of sour cream.
- Sweet Crêpe filling can be nearly any fruit or other sweet filling. I used a mixture of frozen blueberries, black berries and raspberries. I cooked berries enough to heat them and stirred in 1/4 cup granulated sugar and 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese whisking until cheese is melted. Using a slotted spoon, spoon the fruit into the Crêpe. Fold the crepe and slide onto a serving plate. Garnish with sifted powdered sugar.
- Experiment with different fillings. For instance adding chocolate or Nutella spread and sliced bananas or strawberries is delicious.
- Savory fillings can be anything from fish to beef or vegetarian. That’s the beauty of a Crêpe. It can be whatever you like.