We love BBQ sauce but hate the sugar-filled calories. I came up with alternative recipe and it matches my original recipe in flavor without the sugar.
Here’s what you’ll need.
- 3-4 Medium sized fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped white onion.
- 2 Tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- Fresh ground sea salt snd coarse cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 Cup Stevia brown sugar substitute
- 3-4 Tablespoons Liquid Smoke
- 1 Cup water
Cut the tomatoes into smaller pieces and finely chop in a food chopper or processor to liquify.
In a medium sauce pan, heat tomatoes, onions and garlic. Bring to a boil. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring back to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. Continue to simmer for a couple of hours. Sauce will thicken.
For a smoother sauce mix in a blender or with handheld electric whisk.
This Sauce is especially good on pork or chicken.