Rhubarb and Strawberries are great right now. Use them fresh or prep for the freezer. Either way works.
- 2 Cups rhubarb washed and cut into small chunks
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon corn starch disolved in water
Place all ingredients except cornstarch and water in a sauce pan. Simmer on medium low heat until tender. Stir in cornstarch water mix into sauce. Simmer and stir until it thickens. Set aside.
Sour Cream Cake
- 2 1/4 cups (315g) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sour cream liquified
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 granulated sugar
- 5 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Set aside. In a second bowl mix milk and liquified sour cream. Just put the sour cream in the microwave for a few seconds to liquify.
In a stand mixer with paddle beater in place beat together butter, sugar, egg whites and vanilla. Gradually add milk and sour cream.
Mix in flour mixture a little at a time. Mix well but don’t over beat.
Spray a 9×13 cake pan with non-stick spray and line with parchment paper.
Evenly spoon batter into prepared pan and bake in a 350 degree pre/heated oven for 30 minutes.
To serve, cut cake in squares and top with sauce. Garnish with whipped cream snd fresh strawberry slices.