- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup whole buttermilk or soured milk.
Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees
Mix all ingredients in order of listed in a large mixing bowl. I used a Danish whisk to mix. Batter will be lumpy like muffin batter.
Spray silicone donut molds with non-stick spray. Fill each mold half full. Bake for 9 minutes. Turn donuts out on waxed paper.
Roll in sugar.
- To sour milk, add 1 teaspoon lemon juice to sweet milk to four.
- These donuts store well. Just place in seal a meal bags. Add a little extra sugar to the bag and seal. Freeze until ready to use.