This version of chili replaces ground beef or pork with leftover beef roast. Delicious!
Here’s what you need.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Leftover beef roast
- 1 chopped leek
- 6-8 mini red and yellow peppers chopped
- 1 package mild chili seasoning
- 1 tall can Mexican style diced tomatoes
- 1 cup drippings from roast or beef broth
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 3 cans pinto beans ( don’t drain)
- Fresh ground sea salt to taste
- Water as needed
Trim away fat from roast. Cut roast into tiny pieces. Heat olive oil in large kettle. Add meat, leeks and peppers and sauté until vegetables a tender. Add chili seasonings and stir to coat meat and vegetables. Stir in broth, tomatoes and tomato sauce. Add beans and liquid and stir. Season to taste with sea salt. Add 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer and thicken. Add more water if it becomes too thick.