This dip is quickly made and is warm, rich and delicious. It pairs beautifully with pretzels. I like North Dakota made DOTS but any favorite pretzel will work. It would be delicious on soft pretzels.
Here’s what you’ll need.
- 3 tank butter
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup lager beer
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon course black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Smokey paprika
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or your favorite cheese) – (about 12 oz)
In a medium sauce pan on medium heat melt butter. Gradually whisk in flour. Continue whisking while adding beer. Add cream and seasoning. Stir in cheese and continue to stir as sauce thickens.
- This can be made ahead and microwaved before serving.
- It can also be used as a cheese sauce for macaroni and cheese.