The Tuna Green Olive Spread pairs great with pita chips. It’s easy to make and refrigerates well for when you want a quick snack or a tasty buffet item.
Here’s what you’ll need.
- 1 large can packed in water white albacore tuna drained
- 1 green onion chopped
- 12-15 pinto stuff green olives chunked
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- real mayonnaise
- lemon juice
- ground (cayenne) red pepper
- dried dill
In a large mixing bowl add tuna and flake with a fork. Add onions, olives, and pickle relish and combine. Stir in mayonnaise a little at a time to moisten. Add just enough to hold together. Adding too much will result in a runny spread.
Season to taste with lemon juice, ground red pepper and dried dill. Place in a covered dish and refrigerate until serving.
Serve with pita chips.
- Add 1 chopped hard boiled egg to mixture.