This is a simple soup. Hits the spot on a cold day. It’s rich and filling and delicious.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 12 Baby Bella mushrooms (very thinly sliced)
- 1 finely sliced shallot
- 2 tablespoons real butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon spicy sea salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in warm water
Sauté shallot and mushrooms in butter. Add remaining ingredients except cornstarch. Bring to a boil and then add dissolved cornstarch. Simmer to thicken. Serve piping hot.
- To avoid lumps in soup pour the dissolved cornstarch through a wire stainer.
- Use your favorite rice. I used white rice, but a good wild rice would be tasty.