This is a longtime favorite dip of mine. I’ve made it for more than fifty years. It’s good for any occasion or non-occasion. Yum.
Here’s what you’ll need.
- 2 8 oz bricks cream cheese softened and divided into thirds
- 2 large cans chopped clams drained and reserving liquid
- lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon smokey paprika
This works best in a food processor. Place cream cheese in a food processor and process until smooth. Add 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1/4 cup clam juice and process to blend.
Transfer to a mixing bowl and fold in the clams. Add Paprika and salt and pepper to taste. Serve cold.
- I prefer to serve this dip with the original corn chips. It seems to be the best flavor compliment.
- You might think it needs more or less lemon juice and clam juice.
- Do Not use whipped cream cheese. Always use the block type.